Shooting, crash forces lane closures on State St. in Midvale | News
MIDVALE, Utah — Unified Police say one person sustained a fatal gunshot wound, resulting in a car crash on State St. Friday night.
The shooting and crash occurred just after 6 p.m. at 7793 S State St. Two vehicles, a silver Dodge pickup truck and a Toyota Camry, were involved
The shooting victim, a 32-year-old woman, was a passenger in the pickup truck, which was driven by her 43-year-old husband.
“After the shooting occurred [...] the vehicle struck another vehicle that was driving down State St. and then collided with a fence in an adjoining parking lot,” said Det. Jared Richardson, Unified Police Department.
The two occupants of the Camry were taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The northbound lanes of State St. were closed down and Unified Police requested the assistance of a major accident team for their investigation.
The lane closures are expected to last several hours.
Police have not identified any of the people involved in the shooting and crash.
Watch FOX 13 News and fox13now.com for updates.
Upcoming Events near Draper / Riverton / Bluffdale / Sandy
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mill Creek Elem. soft lockdown lifted, suspect in custody
- Group makes final filing of initiative for an incorporated Millcreek
- Holladay passes non-discrimination ordinance protecting LGBT community
- Woman faces DUI, other charges; police say 2 young children were in the vehicle
- Police: Burglary suspect caught in the act
- Saratoga Springs police seek help from community in finding salon burglar
- Provo man reaches highest points in all 50 states
- Donors present motorcycle to deputy shot in the head, officer shares his story
- Plan would protect Provo River’s fish population
- Mental competency evaluation shuts down MacNeill cases