Illinois traffic stop leads to Utah drug bust | News
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Illinois police found packages of marijuana in a man’s car during a traffic stop, and the man said the marijuana came from Cottonwood Heights.
The Cottonwood Heights Police Department made a drug bust at around 3 p.m. on Monday in response to this information.
Sgt. Gary Young of the Cottonwood Heights Police Department said they seized two to three dozen mature marijuana plants, several younger plants and a significant amount of cash.
The police said the man lived alone in the house, and they’re still investigating whether or not the man has ties to drug cartels.
Upcoming Events near Draper / Riverton / Bluffdale / Sandy
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public defender appointed for woman accused of killing six newborns
- Abandoned buildings targeted in series of suspected arson cases
- 2 injured, 1 in serious condition after crash on SR 68
- Condition of DNA leaves questions unanswered in case of 7 dead infants
- BYU signs defensive back who played for University of Nebraska